Merry Christmas Eve!
It is finally day 12 and Blogmas has officially come to an end. It’s time to look back on all that has been accomplished.
I’ve blogged every day for the 12 days leading up to Christmas. I have never blogged this many days back-to-back before, so this is a big deal for me, mkay?! I’m so proud of myself and happy that I did this challenge. Kudos to the people who have the time to blog every single day cause whew chile, I can’t do that. But I want to say thank you to everyone who took the time out of their day to read my posts and share them. You’re the best!
So, for the 12th day of blogmas, I’m going to be revealing my blogs stats and analytics as of December 23rd, 2021. I usually avoid looking at my stats because they can be very discouraging, especially when you put so much effort into a post and it ends up not doing well at all. On the other hand, reviewing my stats can be a very positive experience and helps me to remember why I started blogging in the first place.
Let’s begin with my world view stats from the past 365 days. According to this map, the colored areas are all the places my posts have reached. The darkest of colors is the most popular place (USA). How amazing! My top ten most-reached places are:
- United Kingdom.
- South Africa.
So, whenever I feel like people aren’t noticing me, they really are!
A little background info: I first started Tiffany’s Diary back in 2018. As you can see, I only posted 7 posts that year and then I went ghost up until 2020. I must admit, the pandemic was one of the main reasons why I started blogging again. We were on lockdown and there was nothing else to do. I had lost my job, so I had plenty of free time. By the time this post goes live, I would have published 61 posts in 2021. Yesterdays ‘Christmas Tree Reveal’ made my 100th blog post.
My views shot up between August and November 2021. With my all-time views being in the month of October, which was around the time I attempted to do Blogtober so I was posting a lot that month. A great difference from the beginning of the year in January/Feb. 2021.
I was also surprised to see that August 18th, 2021 was the day with the highest daily views. I’m not sure what was so special around that time period because I had only posted 3 times that month.
My most popular day of the week is Sunday and my most popular hour is 12:00 noon which is very accurate. I typically post on the weekends due to my schedule. On Saturdays, I have more time to edit and then by Sunday, my post is ready to publish. I like to post around 12pm because it’s midday and I know everyone is awake at those hours. My UK readers are 5 hours ahead, so I know it’s 5:00pm where they are. So, if I post late in the evening like between 5:00-7:00pm, my UK readers are most likely getting ready for bed, which means I won’t get many views till the next day or so. I would actually like to start posting a little earlier though at 10:00am EST.
I feel like I haven’t been getting many followers lately. At the beginning of the year, I ended up deleting well over 100+ followers when I found out many of them were spam accounts and ghost followers. So, I probably could’ve had well over 300 followers by now, but I wanted my follow count to be as authentic as possible but realistically I know I can’t keep trying to monitor every account that follows me to see if they are a real person or not.
I also noticed that I have ZERO email followers and I have no idea what’s up with that or how I can increase it.
I realized that not many people be clicking the links in my posts which is a little disheartening because adding links takes up a good amount of time. For instance, in my monthly favorites’ posts, I always have links to specific products, tv shows, movies, books, podcasts, etc in order to make my readers search process easier. But it’s okay, I can understand that people are skeptical about clicking on unknown links, but I promise I’m not trying to hack anyone. The only two links with the most clicks are from a ‘Natural Sexual Stimulants‘ link featured in my How to Tap into Your Sensual, Feminine Energy post on Valentine’s Day 2021 followed by my Instagram page link.
It was really exciting to find out which posts were the most popular/viewed. The above picture shows some of my most popular posts of all-time from greatest to lowest. My top 3 posts of 2021 are:
- Side Effects of a Non-Affectionate Childhood.
- The Art of Sharing Music as a Love Language.
- How to Tap into Your Sensual, Feminine Energy.
Over the past 30 days, I’ve gotten 330 recent views on “side effects of a non-affectionate…”, 212 recent views on “how to tap into…sensual, feminine”, and 252 recent views on “sharing music as a love language”. Oddly though, I’ve gotten the most likes on 555: Unexpected Blessings but yet, it only has 7 recent views in the past 30 days, and it’s not listed as one of my top viewed posts. It makes me wonder- are people just liking posts without actually reading through/viewing them?
I’m not really sure exactly what the “Referrers” stats mean but it looks like I get the most views and/or referrals from search engine searches. Followed by WordPress and then my social media sites. My tags and categories also help to increase views which is good to know. The categories listed at the top of my main site are Adventure, Beauty, Fashion, Finance, Lifestyle, Love & Relationships, Mental Health, and Monthly Favorites. Of course, with Lifestyle being the most popular. This reminds me that I need to go and update my categories and if you haven’t noticed, I have not added anything into the Adventure category yet. Cause life has clearly been all work and no play.
My Personal Favorites of 2021
- The Art of Sharing Music as a Love Language is my favorite post of 2021. Music is so precious to me and sharing a music connection with someone is such an unspoken level of intimacy.
- A close runner up would definitely have to be How to Tap into Your Sensual, Feminine Energy. I had a lot of fun creating this post. I love discussing femininity, promoting luxury, self care, and softness. Kind of makes me want to do a dedicated masculine version.
- I Logged and Decoded My Dreams for a Month and These Were the Results.
- How I am Healing My Mother Wound.
- Read this before you pursue a career in healthcare.
Personal Favorites of 2020
- Pleasure is my Birth Right.
- Letter to my Younger Self.
- StackTober: Money Saving Tips.
- Top 4 Things I Unlearned About My Body.
- Dealbreakers in a Relationship.
I really wish I could do over All About My Spiritual Journey from January 2021. I wish I would’ve did it at a later time in my spiritual journey. It was rushed. I feel like the post was mostly about my spiritual practices, it was pretty lengthy, and it also didn’t do very well analytically.
I also wish I did Why You Should Consider Sustainable Fashion from August 2020 at a later time as well. At least till after I had built a more sustainable wardrobe cause it’s hard to try to promote sustainable fashion without a more sustainable wardrobe. The truth is, I haven’t been able to afford to invest in sustainable clothing brands like I want to. Sustainable clothing is not cheap.
What I’ve Learned…
- A good title is important. A catchy attention-grabbing title will go a long way. Your title is the first thing that will make someone want to read your post. For example, instead of saying “June Favorites” you can say something like “2am drives and burned pizza”. It’ll still be a monthly favorites post but you’re just including what the readers can expect when they start reading while also creating some suspense. Makes sense?
- Adding links are important. Links to products, entertainment suggestions, businesses, restaurants, social media links, etc.
- Less is more. Meaning the shorter the post the better. Get straight to the point. There’s no need to be writing a whole novel in one post because most people are going to end up skipping through after the first paragraph if it’s too long. I used to really get carried away especially on my personal stories.
- I’ve learned that most people are “visual learners” and prefer to see pictures and not just a bunch of words in a post. So, add graphics as paragraph breaks. If you don’t want to use any pictures, refer back to the option above- less is more.
- Network. Gotta put yourself out there at some point. I’m still trying to push myself to do this more.
Now that I have reviewed my blogs analytics I can tell that my viewers enjoy my personal stories such as how I’m healing my mother wound, My Growing Up Shy Story, non-affectionate childhoods, etc. Also, finance-related posts, spirituality, self-care, and mental health topics also do pretty well.
Most commented followers
Shoutout to the ones that have commented and interacted with me the most so far:
- https://freeglorydotorg.wordpress.com/ – Glory Murithi (Wisdom and Wellness// great storytelling).
- https://thecommunityhacktivist.com/ – Caleb Harris. (Write, Poet, and Activist// great film reviews).
- https://ayansola.wordpress.com/ – Ayansola Ibukun (posts to ‘Inform, Interest, Inspire’).
Please give them a follow.
A Few of My Blog Goals…
- Join more blog groups and meet ups.
- Collab posts with other bloggers.
- Do some promotional/sponsored posts aka create a profitable blog.
- A professional photoshoot(s).
- Increase followers.
Next up: my ‘December 2021 Favorites’ post on Friday- December 31st, 2021. Till then, have a great week and Happy Holidays!
Till next time,